Life & Mission Support
Genesis provides a variety of life and mission support services including logistics, linguists and translators, billeting, catering, base operations and maintenance (O&M), janitorial, groundskeeping, housekeeping, MWR facilities, and IT/Communications. Our focus is to support client operations, whether it is at a Forward Operating Base in Afghanistan, or a disaster relief center after a major hurricane in Florida. Genesis uses a mixture of local, U.S., and third country nationals to provide price competitive solutions to client needs. We also source assets and material from the local economy, whenever and wherever possibly, again with a focus on cutting costs.
- Logistics: Genesis supplies personnel, equipment, warehouses and other assets in high- and low-risk environments. We ensure the safe transport of cargo by providing all necessary material and support services to establish transparency and eliminate risks associated with local and regional threats. Currently, Genesis supports U.S. and ISAF personnel in Afghanistan through the overland transport of supplies and material.
- Linguist & Translators: Genesis can provide and deploy local, U.S. and third-country linguists and translators to client mission sites. Languages that we support include, but are not limited to: Pashto, Dari, Arabic, Farsi, Hebrew, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French, German, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian, Polish, Kurdish, Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian (Khmer), Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Filipino, Tagalog, Korean and Hindi. Our recruiting process ensures all candidates are screened, tested and qualified to support client personnel. Testing includes multiple oral and written examinations.
- Housing & Base Construction: In conjunction with our construction division, Genesis builds, repairs or upgrades facilities for camps, forward operating bases and mission sites. Depending on client requirements, Genesis is capable of erecting temporary housing and offices using containerized units, or establishing more permanent, brick and mortar structures. In addition to base and housing construction, Genesis provides electrical, plumbing, sewage, waste management and environmental engineering services.
- Catering: Genesis personnel provide complete food, catering and cleaning services in line with U.S. Army, ISO and OSHA standards. Our staff are also experienced in establish dining facilities in remote and austere environments with fully equipped kitchens, wash centers, formal and informal dining areas, and linen services. We typically provide three meals a day on a 21-day rotating menu, which provides diversity and nutrition while taking into account religious and cultural considerations.
- Communications: In conjunction with the IT division, Genesis offers secure communication solutions with back-up networks, data lines and power supplies. Redundancies and backup systems are built into our communication networks in order to provide continuous and ongoing service, irrespective of external conditions. Genesis provides these solutions for static sites and mobile units.
- Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR): Morale, Welfare and Recreation services are vital for maintaining quality of life and mental health for client and Genesis personnel while deployed to remote sites. Genesis takes special care in offering MWR activities by gathers direct input from client personnel in the field to best serve their needs. Genesis fully understands how MWR services can have a direct impact on employee turnover, mental and physical health, and project turnover costs.
- Operations & Maintenance (O&M): The primary focus of Genesis’ O&M program is preventative maintenance. Our O&M services tailored to site-specific requirements, with operating procedures updated quarterly to reflect changing environmental and operational conditions. Using a mixture of local and third-country nationals, Genesis provide a host of services that include, but are not limited to: waste management/disposal, building maintenance and repair, safety and environmental inspections, pest control, construction, sanitation, plumbing, electrical repair, HVAC maintenance and repair, and security systems upgrades.